The Tip Off creator, Maeve McClenaghan
In this interview, Stevie (PBC chapter leader in Minneapolis) chats with the creator behind The Tip Off, Maeve McClenaghan. Podcast Brunch Club members worldwide listened to an episode of The Tip Off as part of our podcast listening list on the theme of Secrets. The episode, entitled “Ep. 18 All the President’s Club Men,” tells the story of Madison Marriage, a journalist for the Financial Times, who went undercover at an exclusive fundraising event to expose its sleazy underbelly.
Here’s a quick hit list of the things they talked about:
- Podcast Brunch Club listening list on Secrets
- The Tip Off episode about the exposé of R Kelly
- The Tip Off episode, “Burnt,” which tells the story of a journalist who was following the lead on a terrorism story when everything fell apart.
- Maeve’s podcast picks:
- In the Dark, Season 2 (the story of Curtis Flowers, who was tried for the same crime six times)
- Off Menu (two comedians talking to people about their favorite meal)
- Get in touch with Maeve & The Tip Off:
- Maeve’s Twitter: @MaeveMCC
- The Tip Off Twitter: @TipOffPodcast
- Email: [email protected]
Get involved in the podcast discussion! Find out how Podcast Brunch Club works.
- Join PBC: newsletter, in-person chapter, Facebook Group, twitter, instagram, subreddit
- Join Audible Feast: website, newsletter, Facebook, twitter
Audio editing and production by Stevie Zampanti of Conceptual Podcasting. Music included in this episode was “Rainbow” by Chad Crouch and “Paradise” by Misael Gauna.
Current Supporters include:
- Podchaser – “the IMDb of podcasts”
- Audioboom – originals that are funny, inspiring, entertaining and thought-provoking
- Listen Notes – “the best podcast search engine”
- Podbean – use the code “pbc” for one month free on podcast hosting
- The Venn – a weekly list of handpicked, unbiased political podcasts
- Lantigua Williams & Co – the production team behind podcasts like Latina to Latina, 70 Million, & Feeling My Flo
- Critical Frequency – “a podcast network for everyone else”