How It Works
STEP 1: JOIN
There are lots of ways to participate in PBC:
- Join or start your own local, in-person chapter
- Join our virtual chapter that meets via video conference every month
- Participate online via our Facebook Group and PBC subreddit
STEP 2: LISTEN
Thematic monthly listening lists are sent out on the 1st of the month. If you join/start a chapter, you are automatically subscribed to the newsletter. If you are participating online only, think about getting on the newsletter list to make sure you’re in the know when a new playlist is dropped.
STEP 3: DISCUSS
Our chapters meet at some point during the month to discuss the monthly listening list. If you signed up for a chapter, the chapter leader will communicate the meeting details to you. We also have online discussions on Facebook, Reddit, and we even have a community commentary segment on the very-meta Podcast Brunch Club podcast (this is your chance to BE on a podcast)!
Podcast listening can be lonely. How many times have you burst out laughing (or wiped away a tear) and turned to share the moment with someone only to realize that you are by yourself? Podcast Brunch Club (PBC) is changing that by bringing podcast listeners together, both in person and online.
Unplug and meet others face-to-face by starting or joining a PBC chapter. Or, if you prefer, stay tethered and “tune in” online. Every month we send out a Podcast Playlist on a theme. Local chapters across 5 continents meet in person at some point during the month to to discuss the episodes. And PBCers from all over the world can interact with each other through our global Facebook Group.
Conversation and dialogue is at the heart of PBC. We have 50+ chapters on 5 continents, so in addition to the local meetings, here is how to get involved in the larger PBC community:
- Subscribe to the Podcast Brunch Club podcast (very meta, we know!). We include interviews with the creators we feature on each playlist and playlist roundups where the community will have a chance to add your voice to the podcast!
- Join the Global PBC Facebook Group
- Subscribe to the PBC subreddit
- Follow PBC on Twitter
- If you joined an in-person chapter, you are subscribed to the newsletter (see past issues here). If you prefer to participate online, then subscribe to the newsletter. On/around the 1st of every month we’ll send out the monthly podcast playlist along with other PBC news and updates.