Disinformation & Fake News listening list roundup
We hand over the mic to Jenna (chapter leader of our virtual chapter) and Stevie (the PBC podcast audio editor and leader of our Minneapolis chapter) to take over this month’s roundup discussion. They discuss the Disinformation & Fake News listening list, which gets into the history, current landscape, and possible solutions around disinformation and fake news. They also veer off topic to discuss other podcasts they’re enjoying lately.
This is what they talked about:
- Disinformation & Fake News listening list
- Transom’s How Sound podcast episode, “When The Story Is About You But Not About You”
- Critical Frequency’s The View from Somewhere podcast
- Jenna’s interview with Anil Dash is coming soon on the Podcast Brunch Club podcast. Check the feed!
- States Newsroom, a network of nonprofit newsrooms to connect people to the state leaders and government policies that affect their daily lives
- Nieman Lab’s report on Fake News
- Jenna’s podcast pick: Out of the Echo Chamber & Inside the Newsroom
- Stevie’s podcast pick: On the Media
- Join our virtual chapter or one of our in-person groups
- Join the Minneapolis chapter
- Get in touch with Jenna via Democracy Works podcast and her website, jennaspinelle.com.
- Get in touch with Stevie at conceptualpodcasting.com.
Get involved in the podcast discussion! Find out how Podcast Brunch Club works.
Current Supporters include:
- Podyssey – an online community for podcast lovers (aka “the Goodreads for podcasts”)
- Bullhorn – podcast listening any way you want it
- Listen Notes – “the best podcast search engine”
- Podbean – use the code “pbc” for one month free on podcast hosting
- The Venn – a weekly list of handpicked, unbiased political podcasts
- Lantigua Williams & Co – the production team behind podcasts like Latina to Latina, 70 Million, & Feeling My Flo
- Critical Frequency – “a podcast network for everyone else”
- How to Do the Pot – a podcast that answers women’s questions about cannabis
- Podchaser – “the IMDb of podcasts”
Podcast Brunch Club: like bookclub, but for podcasts