Apologies Listening List RoundupOpen in podcast app of choice!
A discussion of the August PBC podcast listening list on Apologies. We also share a few podcast recommendations.
Find the full show notes on the web at: https://podcastbrunchclub.com/apologies-roundup
This is what they talked about:
- Apologies podcast listening list
- Interview with Brett de Hoedt, host of The Hardest Word podcast
- Adela’s favorite-ever episode of Heavyweight was about Jonathan Goldstein’s father and uncle, #1 Buzz.
- Sara’s podcast picks:
- Conan O’Brien Needs a Friend’s series “Summer S’mores with Conan and the Chill Chums.” Here’s the first episode.
- Birds Eye View is an independent podcast coming out of the Darwin Correctional Center, a women’s prison in Australia.
- Fool Me Twice is another independent podcast that chronicles a woman’s exploration into her own catfishing experience.
- Podcasts that make Adela laugh
- PBC Community Podcast Picks:
- The Introvert, Dear Podcast: “helpful convos for introverts navigating life in an extraverted world!”
- The Enforcer: “Interview with one of the last mafia enforcers. Covers many topics including the Lufthansa heist portrayed in Goodfellas.”
- Home Cooking, by Samin Nosrat: “Found her on Netflix’s Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat. It’s full of cooking tips, giggles and bad puns.”
- Soundstage: “commissioned sound plays/performances, each episode stands alone, most are good and some are spectacular”
- Intersectionality Matters: “they’re doing a series called “Under the Blacklight” about what COVID has uncovered about different parts of society e.g., people in nursing homes or low-paid workers.”
- Silence is Not An Option: “talks about the race issues that are going on (and have been going on). It’s put out by CNN’s Don Lemon.”
- Meddling Adults: “a game show in which comedians are given summaries of children’s mystery books (Encyclopedia Brown, etc), and try to guess the solutions/whodunnit/etc.”
- Join the Podcast Brunch Club Facebook Group
- September theme for Podcast Brunch Club: FREEDOM OF SPEECH
- Become a monthly Patreon member (and get some bonus content)
- Make a one-time donation via Paypal
Get involved in the podcast discussion! Find out how Podcast Brunch Club works.
- Join PBC: newsletter, in-person chapter, Facebook Group, twitter, instagram, subreddit
Audio editing and production by Katie DeFiore. Music included in this episode was “Rainbow” by Chad Crouch and “Paradise” by Misael Gauna.
Current Supporters include:
- Listen Notes – “the best podcast search engine”
- Podbean – use the code “pbc” for one month free on podcast hosting
- 70 Million – documentary podcast that investigates how locals are addressing the role of jails in their backyards
- Critical Frequency – “a podcast network for everyone else”
- Podkite – Chart Analytics and Marketing Attribution for Podcasters
- Future Hindsight – a podcast seeking to spark civic engagement, inspire hope, and reinvigorate our social contract
- How to Do the Pot – a podcast that answers women’s questions about cannabis
- How Do We Fix It? – a solutions-oriented podcast exploring the world’s problems
- Podchaser – “the IMDb of podcasts”
- Podyssey – an online community for podcast lovers (aka “the Goodreads for podcasts”)
- Bullhorn – podcast listening any way you want it
Podcast Brunch Club
Podcast Brunch Club
Podcast Brunch Club: like bookclub, but for podcasts