Apologies Listening List RoundupOpen in podcast app of choice!
A discussion of the August PBC podcast listening list on Apologies. We also share a few podcast recommendations.
Find the full show notes on the web at: https://podcastbrunchclub.com/apologies-roundup
This is what they talked about:
- Apologies podcast listening list
- Interview with Brett de Hoedt, host of The Hardest Word podcast
- Adela’s favorite-ever episode of Heavyweight was about Jonathan Goldstein’s father and uncle, #1 Buzz.
- Sara’s podcast picks:
- Conan O’Brien Needs a Friend’s series “Summer S’mores with Conan and the Chill Chums.” Here’s the first episode.
- Birds Eye View is an independent podcast coming out of the Darwin Correctional Center, a women’s prison in Australia.
- Fool Me Twice is another independent podcast that chronicles a woman’s exploration into her own catfishing experience.
- Podcasts that make Adela laugh
- PBC Community Podcast Picks:
- The Introvert, Dear Podcast: “helpful convos for introverts navigating life in an extraverted world!”
- The Enforcer: “Interview with one of the last mafia enforcers. Covers many topics including the Lufthansa heist portrayed in Goodfellas.”
- Home Cooking, by Samin Nosrat: “Found her on Netflix’s Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat. It’s full of cooking tips, giggles and bad puns.”
- Soundstage: “commissioned sound plays/performances, each episode stands alone, most are good and some are spectacular”
- Intersectionality Matters: “they’re doing a series called “Under the Blacklight” about what COVID has uncovered about different parts of society e.g., people in nursing homes or low-paid workers.”
- Silence is Not An Option: “talks about the race issues that are going on (and have been going on). It’s put out by CNN’s Don Lemon.”
- Meddling Adults: “a game show in which comedians are given summaries of children’s mystery books (Encyclopedia Brown, etc), and try to guess the solutions/whodunnit/etc.”
- Join the Podcast Brunch Club Facebook Group
- September theme for Podcast Brunch Club: FREEDOM OF SPEECH
Get involved in the podcast discussion! Find out how Podcast Brunch Club works.
Current Supporters include:
- Listen Notes – “the best podcast search engine”
- Podbean – use the code “pbc” for one month free on podcast hosting
- 70 Million – documentary podcast that investigates how locals are addressing the role of jails in their backyards
- Critical Frequency – “a podcast network for everyone else”
- Podkite – Chart Analytics and Marketing Attribution for Podcasters
- Future Hindsight – a podcast seeking to spark civic engagement, inspire hope, and reinvigorate our social contract
- How to Do the Pot – a podcast that answers women’s questions about cannabis
- How Do We Fix It? – a solutions-oriented podcast exploring the world’s problems
- Podchaser – “the IMDb of podcasts”
- Podyssey – an online community for podcast lovers (aka “the Goodreads for podcasts”)
- Bullhorn – podcast listening any way you want it
Podcast Brunch Club: like bookclub, but for podcasts