Science Vs host, Wendy Zukerman
Jenna interviews Wendy Zukerman, the host of the amazing Science Vs podcast. Science Vs has been on a number of PBC listening lists, including our recent supplemental listening on Coronavirus, Nuclear Power, and Migration & Immigration.
In normal days, Science Vs looks at fads and trends from the lens of science to help listeners suss out what is evidence-based. Since January 2020, meaning in these pandemic times, Science Vs has done some fantastic reporting on Coronavirus and upped their production schedule to putting out two episodes per week. We cannot thank Wendy enough for taking time out of her busy schedule to chat with us!
This is what they talked about:
- Science Vs “PANDEMIC!!!” episode of Science Vs from October 2019 that uses their research, including an interview with Dr. Anthony Fauci, as the basis for a fictionalization of what may happen if a flu pandemic hit. The results are stunning and scarily prophetic.
- January episode of Science vs in which Wendy re-interviews Dr. Anthony Fauci: “Coronavirus Outbreak: How Scared Should You Be?”
- “Coronavirus: Unmasking the Facts and Ibuprofen Scares” episode of Science Vs
- Pew Research study finds that 3 in 10 Americans believe COVID-19 was made in a lab
- On the radar for future episodes from Science Vs on Coronavirus: how the supply chain is being affected and how many people are asymptomatic.
- Wendy’s podcast picks:
- Over the Road: podcast from Radiotopia about truckers
- Off Track: a sound-rich podcast from Australia about nature
- Become a monthly Patreon member (and get some bonus content)
- Make a one-time donation via Paypal
- More ways to support Podcast Brunch Club
Get involved in the podcast discussion! Find out how Podcast Brunch Club works.
- Join PBC: newsletter, in-person chapter, Facebook Group, twitter, instagram, subreddit
Audio editing and production by Katie DeFiore. Music included in this episode was “Rainbow” by Chad Crouch and “Paradise” by Misael Gauna.
Current Supporters include:
- Lantigua Williams & Co – the production team behind podcasts like Latina to Latina, 70 Million, & Feeling My Flo
- Critical Frequency – “a podcast network for everyone else”
- How to Do the Pot – a podcast that answers women’s questions about cannabis
- Podchaser – “the IMDb of podcasts”
- Podyssey – an online community for podcast lovers (aka “the Goodreads for podcasts”)
- Bullhorn – podcast listening any way you want it
- Listen Notes – “the best podcast search engine”
- Podbean – use the code “pbc” for one month free on podcast hosting