Roundup of Community Responses to Disability podcast playlist [Episode 39]
In this roundup episode, we chat about the podcast playlist on Community Responses to Disability. In the community input segment, the PBC community recommended other podcasts that either focus on disability or are created by someone who is disabled. Finally, we diverged from the theme of disabilities to talk about our new year podcast resolutions.
Here are some links to things we talked about:
- Podcast Playlist on Community Responses to Disability
- Diversability – a movement that aims to rebrand disability through the power of community
- Other podcasts either about disability or created by someone who is disabled
- Ouch: Disability Talk from the BBC
- Ask Win podcast is hosted by Win Kelly Charles, a woman with cerebral palsy. The podcast features interviews with people who are making a difference in the world.
- Made Visible by Harper Spero is about people with invisible illnesses
- Mothers on the Frontline is about raising children with a mental illness
- Safety Third’s episode “Diversity is More Than Color” features an interview with Kareemah Batts, an African American woman, a cancer survivor, an amputee, and a disability advocate
- Disability Visibility, which is dedicated to creating, sharing, and amplifying disability media and culture
- One of the hosts of the Radults podcast has cerebral palsy
- Disarming Disability podcast will be launching in February 2019
- Power Your Story is created by high school students with various cognitive and intellectual disabilities
- Audible Feast’s best podcasts series of 2018 and best podcast episodes of 2018.
- Audio fiction:
- Sara is looking forward to a few shows in 2019:
- Sara’s listening log on Audible Feast
Get involved in the discussion!
- Join PBC: newsletter, in-person chapter, Facebook Group, twitter, PBC sub-Reddit
- Join Audible Feast: website, newsletter, Facebook, twitter
See the show notes for this episode.
Organizational Partners include (learn how to support Podcast Brunch Club)
- Podfest Multimedia Expo – Podcast Conference
- Podbean – use the code “pbc” for one month free on podcast hosting
- Critical Frequency – “a podcast network for everyone else”
- Podchaser – “the IMDb of podcasts”
- Audioboom – check out Dead Man Talking podcast
- Listen Notes – “the best podcast search engine”
Podcast Brunch Club: like bookclub, but for podcasts