#TransAwarenessWeek: Bonus podcast playlist
Trans Awareness Week (TAW) is November 13-19. During the week, people and organizations raise the visibility of transgender people and address issues members of the community face. TAW always precedes Transgender Day of Remembrance (TDOR), which is on November 20. TDOR honors the memory of the transgender people whose lives were lost in acts of anti-transgender violence that year.
This playlist offers an opportunity to hear about the wide range of experiences transgender people have. In addition to the playlist below, we’ve also included a section on “Book and Other Resources” at the end of the page.
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something PBC may earn a commission.
Podcast Listening List on TRANS AWARENESS WEEK
Get the full listening list on your podcast player of choice using these platforms:
|TRANS AWARENESS WEEK Podcast Playlist|
|Podchaser | Listen Notes | Podyssey | Spotify|
- Advocacy organization: GLAAD
- Advocacy organizations: 10 Trans Advocacy Organizations to Support (via Bitch Media)
- Book: My Sister: How One Sibling’s Transition Changed Us Both by Selenis Leyva & Marizol Leyva
- Book: The Lives of Transgender People by Genny Beemyn and Sue Rankin
- Book: Transgender History by Susan Stryker
- Book: Transgender 101: A Simple Guide to a Complex Issue by Nicholas Teich
- Documentary: DISCLOSURE (via Netflix)
- Documentary series: We’ve Been Around
- Resource: Supporting the Transgender People in Your Life: A Guide to Being a Good Ally
- Resource: Tips for Allies of Transgender People
- Resource: Glossary of Terms – Transgender
- TV series: The Trans List (via HBO)
- TV series: This Is Me (via Amazon Prime)
- Web series: We’ve Been Around