Ologies host, Alie Ward
Adela chats with Alie Ward, the host of the Ologies podcast. We featured the “Phonology with Nicole Holliday” episode of Ologies on our podcast listening list on Language.
Some of the things they talked about:
- LANGUAGE podcast listening list
- Ologies episode “Phonology with Nicole Holliday”
- Ologies episode “Entomology with Lila Higgins”
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles
- Ologies episode “Corvid Thanatology (CROW FUNERALS) with Kaeli Swift”
- Ologies Patreon
- Alie’s advice for science communication: pretend you are at a dinner party, show up like you belong, and have fun!
- Some of Alie’s recording tips: use temi.com to get transcriptions and snap/clap at beginning of new takes.
- Alie’s awkward, yet awesome, interview with Dr. Caleb Finch, a Biogerontologist (study of aging)
- Alie’s super-serious episode interviewing the guy who studies laughter: “Gelotology with Lee Berk”
- Alie’s advice: don’t ever google “mango worms” or “botfly larvae”
- Alie’s podcast pick: All My Relations (episode: “Can a DNA test make me Native American”). It’s is a podcast to discuss relationships as Native peoples–relationships to land, to ancestors, and to each other.
Find out how Podcast Brunch Club works and get involved in the discussion!
- Join PBC: newsletter, in-person chapter, Facebook Group, twitter, PBC subreddit
- Join Audible Feast: website, newsletter, Facebook, twitter
Organizational Partners include (learn how to support Podcast Brunch Club)
- Critical Frequency – “a podcast network for everyone else”
- Podchaser – “the IMDb of podcasts”
- Audioboom – check out Dead Man Talking podcast
- Listen Notes – “the best podcast search engine”
- Podfest Multimedia Expo – Podcast Conference
- Podbean – use the code “pbc” for one month free on podcast hosting
Podcast Brunch Club
Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below